Re: Thunderbird's IMAP connections.

Juergen Nickelsen wrote:
This is not uncommon with IMAP clients; the intent is to be able to do multiple things in parallel. The IMAP standard permits this.

Granted but I find 5 idle IMAP connections just a bit excessive. I dropped it to 2 and haven't noticed a slowdown. I mean when am I really doing more than 2 things at once? About the only thing I could think of was having a huge list of mail being deleted (AKA, moved to "Trash") while trying to copy another huge list of mail to another folder while downloading the latest batch of useless baby pictures from some unknown coworker. Even then I expect a wee bit of a slowdown and that's ok for the trade-off of not hogging several MB of RAM on my server just to sit idle the other 99.999999999999999453459999% of the time. ;)