Re: Kudos to BootCD!

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:08:25PM -0500, William Ballard wrote:
On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 07:37:37PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> /var/lib/cache into /home/httpd/local-deb-mirror ?

I looked at apt-move but I didn't want a http based mirror.
I access my via file protocol.

My scripts are a hack.  I like one letter dir names.

/a "this is all related to apt"
/a/l "i.e. latest"
/a/o "i.e. old stuff"
/a/x "x means do the thing"
/a/u "do an update"

I can diff any two /a/o/L*.gz files to see the history of stuff I
installed.  I can diff any two /a/o/A*.gz to see the history of when a
package became available.

It's a hack of all hacks.  It's Linux.  I don't write code like that at
work.

You should see my data directory:

/x "this is a bunch of stuff"
/x/s "this is a bunch of stuff in Storage"
/x/s/v "this is a bunch of vmware images"
/x/s/p "this is a bunch of partimage images"
/x/s/k "this is a bunch of stuff I have to keep"
/x/m "this is my email"
/x/m/j "this is email related to my job"
/x/d "this are my documents"
/x/c "this is my code"

I hate long names.  The fact that nobody understands what I'm doing
is in my mind a big plus.

Long story short, use dpkg-scanpackages to do the magic and write
your own scripts the way you want them.