Re: Firestarter for Testing (Sarge)?

Well, I don't know, but it wasn't available for me.  In previous posts
to this list you can see what my sources.list contained, it wasn't
missing anything.  But in aptitude I couldn't find it.  I didn't try
the apt-cache command because I try to stick to aptitude, but from
what I understand the search feature in aptitude does the same thing.

I'm assuming the packages website at debian.org is somehow dynamically
connected to the sources, which would mean that it was dropped for one
reason or another (accidentally perhaps).  I'm not an expert on how
apt works, but I'm under the impression that as you install things the
deb files are saved to your computer, as well as the lists of
packages.  Perhaps if you had installed firestarter on testing prior
to it being dropped, even though it's not on the sources it still
appears in your cache because the deb files are on your local machine.
 All speculation of course, I'd be interested to hear what the
packages maintainers say.

Either way, I'm just happy I got it working.  And hopefully this
thread can help others in a similar situation, or to simply install
packages from unstable that arn't available to anyone in testing.

Ben