/dev/lp0 getting deleted

Hi,

I installed sarge on one of my machines which went flawlessly. Thanks to
the team who have done a neat installer.

Initially lprng was installed. I removed it and installed lpr. Funny
thing is that /dev/lp0 was missing. So, I recreated it with proper
perms, etc. On reboot it is again missing :-(

How do I set this right? None of my other machines (~4) exhibit this
behaviour.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.