Re: mounting cd-rw

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 06:31:40AM -0800, jack kinnon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have problem trying to mount my Benq 52x32x52 cd-rw
> with command and error as attached.

Next time try pasting that text in your mail instead of using an
attachment. I think most people on this list find that the better way.

> Where is my mistake?
>
> debian:/cdrom# mount /dev/hdc -t ext2 /cdrom
> mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
>        or too many mounted file systems

The problem is probably that you are in the /cdrom directory when you
try to do this. cd to another dir and try again.

If that doesn't work, check if /dev/hdc is really the device you want
mounted. Or lose the "-t ext2" part. Or simply try `mount
/cdrom'. Your /etc/fstab may contain enough info for that command to
work. Or type `mount' to see if any other file system is mounted on
/cdrom, though I would expect another error message in that case. Or
do `ls /cdrom' to see if anything is there. Lots of things to try. ;-)

HTH,

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill