Re: writing dvd, any suggestion?

2004. December 16. 10:54,
Alberto Bert <bert@isiosf.isi.it>
-> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> Do you have suggestion about which dvd writing program should I use?
>
> I saw xcdroast should do it but I need to install something like
> prodvd, unfortunately I don't know where can I find it (debian
> packages).
>
> Apparently there are also command line programs, for me they are ok,
> but which one would you suggest me?

Hi Alberto!

For dvd writing I recommend the dvd+rw-tools from
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/?M=D
The growisofs part of that package uses mkisofs, so you must install
cdrtools first from: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/

Of course they are presented in deb packages too, and you can apt-get
them from a debian mirror.

HTH,

Daniel

--