Re: e-Sword under Linux?

Roberto Sanchez wrote:
Freddy Freeloader wrote:

I'm basically a Debian noob yet. I've learned a lot in the last few months, but still have a long way to go. Especially in learning what all is available and possible in Debian.

I have almost completely gone away from Windows for my desktop OS. The one program I have found so far that I can't find anything even close to in a Debian package is e-Sword, a Bible study package packaged only for Windows.

Does anyone know of any Debian packages, or even Linux source code I can compile that will even come close to the power, features, and flexibility of e-Sword? Or failing that is there a way I can run e-Sword under Linux? I'm getting really tired of having to boot into Windows just for it, but it's the best study software I've found.

Check: bibletime, gnomesword, sword-comm-mhcc, sword-comm-pers,
sword-dict-naves, sword-text-web, bible-kjv

You can also try running e-Sword in WINE.

-Roberto Sanchez
Thanks to all who replied.

Unfortunately I've looked at the programs available in Debian packages and found them to not fit my needs. If you're curious to see why do a Google search for e-Sword. The sheer number of translations, commentaries, concordances, and other study helps found in e-Sword just dwarfs anything to be found in a Debian package, and it is freeware. The only commercial packages that are its equal cost a few hundred dollars.

I'll have to start experimenting with Wine and see if I can get e-Sword to work under it.