RE: howto know if raid is really working?

At Thursday, 16 December 2004, "Steven Jones" <Steven.Jones@vuw.ac.
nz> wrote:

>mdstat shows quite well that all the disks are on line, or not, it is
>simple and effective IMHO.
>

>When you mount one side of the mirror you may actually be corrupting
it.
>....possibly preventing it being written to.
>
>If you are going to do that, go to single user mode, unmount the
mirror
>device, mount one/both sides in read only mode and look at the files.
>
>I must admit this is novel, I have never come across someone not
trusting
>a mirror before....
>
>regards
>
>Thing

I am curious about how to know if it is working. If cat-ting /proc/mdstat
is knowing all about the raid array, then so-be-it.

cheers!

Zero Crossings, Inc. -- Embedded and Digital Signal Processing Systems

http://www.zerocrossings.com/