Re: Sun (was Re: Hardware hassles: Linux vs. Windows)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Sam Watkins wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 12:55:55PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> > being GPL is "dangerous" ... the big boyz with $$$ can do and will
> > do what they want with all the (free) r/d work for the past few decades
>
> Huh?  I thought the GPL was supposed to protect against such!

gpl allows for commercial use ... originating authors get "credit"
but not the milllions of stock options that other people get to
collect for being the CEO of a big wolf empire :-)

bad usage of gpl is what nvidia is doing and other binary only apps
where we are stuck and cannot fix the vendors problems without
source code

c ya
alvin