Re: Not able to boot 2.6.9 kernel (solved)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 03:40:05PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I have tried apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.9-686 and also compiling
> my own 2.6.9 kernel using the debian sources.  In both cases the boot
> process just hangs when Lilo (or Grub) tries to unpack the 2.6.9
> kernel.  No error messages.  I had to fall back to the standard 2.6.7
> debian kernel to get the boot process going again.

Apologies for the waste of bandwidth.

Purging and reinstalling the Debian kernel-image solved the problem.
I guess there was some file corruption with the first installation.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom, and
      before honour is humility."      Proverbs 15:33