Re: need time in nano seconds

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:43:28 -0600, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> Remember, though, that a ns is 1 billionth of a second, and so a
> 3GHz CPU will onll does 3 cycles in a ns.  Unless you are coding
> to the bare metal with a *minimal* OS, like DOS, you can't do
> anything useful in 3 clock ticks.

On a 1.4 GHz processor, I use JVMPI( an abbreviation for Java Virtual
Machine Programming Interface). It has a method called
GetThreadCPUTime(), which it claims gives thread execution time in
nanoseconds. He does not mention any hardware support. How do you
think he is going to provide it?? I am getting values in tens of nano
seconds also..