Re: hardware spec's

On (12/12/04 19:20), charles ortega wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to find a version of Linux that can be put on older apple
> performas and power Macs that run 603 and 604 processors with old style
> keyboards and mice does any of your versions work for this .
Hi Chuck

You can download the new d-i sarge installer for powerpc from

The netinst over a broadband connection works well on both oldworld and
newworld macs.

To check hardware compatibility go to:
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/

And for support I suggest you subscribe to the debian-powerpc mailing
list.

FWIW I've successfully installed Debian on an 8100/80, beige g3 as well
as newer macs. There are some particular issues related to booting these
two machines.  Before starting it would be worth searching the powerpc mailing
list for references to your hardware.

Regards

Clive

--