Re: Deleted Partition Recovery ?

I've used get data back to recover lost files, costs about $70.00us

> some windoze version keep a backup partition table ...
>
> - find a windoze nutcase(guru) to restore the original partition table
>
> -- lesson
>       - print out the partition table and save it on a piece
>       of paper glued/taped to the disk
>
>       fdisk -l /dev/hda | lpr

If people are still worried about this, I think making back up binary
copy to Floppy may halp.

# dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/fd0 block=512 count=2

THis always gives you complete recovery for base partition.

Oh, some knopix like CD will be nice to have to use thjis.

Now d-i CD is not as easy to use for recovery.

Osamu

PS: Giving hardware access from console is sure call for trouble if your
brother or even your self are smart enough to make trouble.  They can do
real damage like I have done to myself.