KVM - switch and keyboard issues

Hi List!

I just got my 2.6 - er Kernel working with debian, but I got a problem here, which seems to be related to my kvm - switch.
I have two systems here. One is working with 2.4.27-xfs and the other one is running 2.6.8.1
Both systems are attached to a digitus IC-814-I kvm - switch.
If I swithc from one system to the other (2.4 to 2.6) I loos my keyboard, if I am running an x - session. This only happens on the 2.6 - system.
If I am at a normal console, then it works fine. Maybe it has something to do with my gnome...

I googled and read through some descriptions, but this did not help.

Has anybody any idea???

thanks in advance,
Andy