Re: Hardlinks to remote directories

ocl wrote:
I am trying to create a hardlink to a remote directory
but it gets rejected --even when I am doing it as root.

What am I doing wrong?

Trying to hardlink to a remote directory. Remote, I presume, means on a different file system? If so, can't be done, use a symlink.

The reason it can't be done is because a hardlink is just another directory reference to the inode the file or directory you're linking to resides on. It is identical to the original link in every way. Since one cannot point to just an inode on a remote file system hardlinks fail.