can't initially log in through KDM anymore

My girlfriends computer is running Sarge with kernel version 2.6.7-1-k7.

When the KDM screen first starts, It will not accept any input from the
keyboard. I'm using a PS/2 keyboard & mouse.

The mouse is functional, so I select "console login", and log onto any
account that way, and type "/etc/init.d/kdm restart". Once KDM has
restarted, I can login using the keyboard just fine.

I have checked when I login using the shell, all of the ps/2 modules are
loaded just fine.

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>