Re: Debian retail kit?

On Thursday 09 December 2004 4:51 am, Kevin Mark wrote:

> When I was becoming more intereted in Debian, I printed the install
> manaul and the debian refernce. I did it at Kinko's by giing them a
> PDF which they easily printed and spiral bound. (B/W -- as color is a
> bit beyond my means)

Well, I don't think a lack of color in the manual will be a problem.
It's not like it's got a lot of big, color images or anything.

> Not sure if then is counter-productive: ubuntu cd's and knoppix. Live
> cd's for try-before-you-buy(test you system).

The problem with sending out more than one distro is that 1) We've now
tried selling Lindows, SuSE, Knoppix and Debian and Debian's the only
one that sells, and 2) company policy dictates that we support what we
sell.  Lindows doesn't sell, SuSE and Knoppix don't sell and we don't
want to support them, and ubuntu would be yet another distro to learn.

> Also, a list of *nix/debian useful commands?

Good idea.  We already sell bash, emacs, vi and a couple other unix
cheat sheets; I could probably throw at least the Bash one in and
create a list of Debian-specific commands.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org