Re: openoffice

On Thursday 09 Dec 2004 13:56, Frederico Rodrigues Abraham wrote:
>     Hi. I would like to state my disappointment with openoffice.
>     OpenOffice Impress does not import Microsoft Powerpoint
> presentations correctly. Some bullets appear as a " , and it is very
> difficult to manipulate diagrams, select their parts, group, ungroup.
>     It was able to export PowerPoint diagrams to the EPS format, while
> Microsoft Powerpoint itself did not manage to do it, though :)
>
>     -- Fred

It is only a very simple problem of proprietary font. Get a look at the font
you are using in MS Powerpoint (which is in my opinion inferior to Impress).
Then install the font you have been using under OpenOffice.org. If you are
using version 1.1.3 is very easy, select

File>Autopilot>Install fonts from the web

And you select the fonts you want to install from a list, download and
install. Eventually, you can download the font from MS and install them on
your system in order to enable all the application and not only
Openoffice.org to use them.

Concerning drawing diagrams, I do not understand your problem Could you be
more specific? I have been drawing diagrams and not had any problem. Be more
specific and we will probably be able to help you.

If you need specific Openoffice.org help, subscribe with the Openoffice.org
user mailing list at http://www.openoffice.org.

For everybody's information, Openoffice.org 1.1.3 came out top in a round test
among all office suite available on the market conducted by Computer Shopper
UK ( 5 star). It is on December 2004 issue.