Re: Howto change the default font used by gs?

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:30:33AM +0300, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> Please describe exactly what are you doing to get wrong fonts.
> >From what software do you print?
> Which print spooler do you use (lpr? lprng? cups?)
  have a new epson aculaser C4100 (from google it seems that lots of
      people indeed have a gs that knows that printer, but my gs
      version, the debian unstable afps one does only know the 4000
      model)
  installed cups
  configured the printer with gnome-cups-manager first
  with the webinterface to the cups system second, both with same
  effect...

  printed from mozilla-firefox, enscript and lpr
  allwas the same type of result...

  line spacing is too small, the big letters between lines overwrite by
  2 dots, kerning is wrong, as if the system assumed a font half of that
  size, small chars float middle centered to the capital (big) letters
  with exeption of chars like i, f or j

  i have scanned the first 4 cm of an A4 page and displayed at
  http://bboett.free.fr/scan.jpg to give you an idea of the output...

> Probably, but it's better to configure printing system properly :).
sure :D
but there's also a barcode font, and i would like ot use it, otherwise i
have to find a way to print barcodes from cups out... :D

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org