Sarge ttyS0 (COM1) Software Issues

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with ttyS0 (COM1) on my mail server. I'm trying
to get it to work with NUT, but I cannot communicate through the serial
port.

I managed to locate and download a DOS 6.22 floppy and an app called
Modem Dr, which I used (with my old serial modem) to verify my serial
port physically works outside of Debian.

I am currently running a custom kernel which is pretty standard except
for MPPE and lm-sensors patches. Kernel 2.4.27.

I have tried using Minicom to send the "Q1" command to the UPS to get
its status, but it doesn't respond at all, so I really doubt this is NUT
causing my problems.

I have also tried installing the stock 2.4.27 i686 kernel and purging
and reinstalling setserial to no avail.

ttyS0 state:

starserver:/etc/nut# cat /proc/tty/driver/serial
serinfo:1.0 driver:5.05c revision:2001-07-08
0: uart:16550A port:3F8 irq:4 baud:2400 tx:20 rx:0 RTS|DTR|DSR

If there's any further info I need to provide, then just let me know and
I'll get what I can.

Pete