Re: Kmix: mixer cannot be found

In your KDE control panel:sound, you are informed that KDE monopolizes
your sound system to make its noises, and you can set the release time.
I think that, when you punch up kmix, there is a desktop noise, and
kmix has to wait 15 seconds to load.  It times out.  If you set the
release time to one second, it will succeed after the one second.  It
did for me, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it unless someone
has a better one.  :-) daveA

Thank you for your explanation in detail.
You mention set the "release time" in kde control center. I am using kde3.3, and find through the sound option section, But i really can't find where to set the "release time".

Sorry to bother you again.