Window sizing on Windowmaker

Hello all,

Have used windowmaker a lot for quite a while on my work and home computers, but one thing really bugs me is that only a few certain window, when opened, is sized in crazy sizes. For example, if I open an email in Thunderbird, the window takes up the full width but only 1cm or so high, but the other windows (such as writing an new email etc) always starts up maximised. Another ex, on my home computer, when Thunderbird starts up, it is about 1cm wide, and a couple inches tall - and no matter what I do, I can't get those windows to start up maximised? I know my examples are Thunderbird centric, but it affects other programs.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your hellp in advance

Cheers - Piers