Re: Kernel panic: Attepmted to kill init!

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 11:41:03PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> usb stick is just like any other scsi disk
> 	- but additionally, you have to have all the usb support
> 	in addition to scsi support built into the kernel or modules

Chad's error suggests to me that the debian installer isn't handling this
automatically - how can he persuade his grub boot disk to mount root off his
usb stick?

Does he need to make a new initrd that will load the appropriate usb support,
or is this done by default?

Sam