Re: Kernel panic: Attepmted to kill init!

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 03:22:07PM -0600, Johnson, Chad wrote:
> I have a gig of ram 2.80 P4, Dell (school computer using USB HDD).

The error you got suggests that the boot disk can't load the root filesystem,
probably what is wrong is that your boot disk is not able to load the root
filesystem off the usb drive.

Here is a webpage about getting linux to boot off a usb drive:

  http://www.simonf.com/usb/

I dobut if the debian installer copes with a usb drive as root automatically.

If that page doesn't help, try googling for similar pages.

Sam