Re: hda=stroke for installer?

Richard Hector wrote:
From what I've read, I should be able to use the jumper on my seagate
st380011a to limit it to 33.8G, then use hda=stroke on the kernel
command line (for kernels later than 2.6.7), and linux should see the
whole lot.
[snip]
Any suggestions?
Well, I've actually been able to use new 80GB disks in very old computers (Pentium 200 Classic) with no jumper limiter... Maybe you could try to boot without the jumper? Even if the bios can't see the whole disk, Linux will see it.... you just need to get booted.. (in last instance you can boot from a floppy )