Re: usb vs. drivers

Hi Andrea,

I am using hotplug and udev. Thanks for the Gnome tips; I'd still like to solve this at a lower level if possible.

Do you know the process by which the system goes from (a) discovering that a device was connected to a USB port, to (z) binding a driver to that device?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to make my camera work on Sarge. I *suspect* that no driver is getting loaded for it. I figure that understanding the process by which drivers get bound to hotplugged devices will let me better debug the problem.

Thanks for your help,
Christian

Andrea Vettorello wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:44:57 -0500, Christian Convey