Re: Full replacement of MS

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 21:08 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 02:25:26PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 20:08 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > --snip--
> > > I've used Linux virtually exclusively for ten years. About the only
> > > thing I currently use MS Windows for is listening to the BBC, which uses
> > > Real Player output.
> >
> > Have you tried RealPlayer 10 yet? The few media formats that mplayer
> > hasn't been able to handle RP10 has had no problems with. Then you can
> > finally get rid of that Windows partition for good. :)
> >
> Cygwin is worth a crack and so Windows is worth it for that, potentially.
> But since RP10 is not yet DFSG free, I use my daughter's Windows box in the
> background while I sit at one of the other 3 Debian boxes (and yes,
> Steph's box dual boots to Debian Sid :) )

Let's see if I've got this straight.

You don't want to put RP10 on your Debian box, because it's not
DFSG free.

So, in order to listen to such music, you use a *Windows* box????

That is soooooooooo wrong.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Welfare Democracies will only work, in the long term, if the
"recipients" of the wealth given to them by the earners use that
wealth to become earners themselves. Unfortunately, only a small
% of "recipients" seem to be availing themselves of the
opportunity.