Re: modules.usbmap

Hey guy,

if you have a problem with your USB device, why don't you just tell us what
your problem is?

I just had a problem that I could not mount an USB stick (unstable, Kernel
2.6.8.1). There was no such device /dev/sd* (check with 'fdisk -l /dev/sd*).
But in dmesg|grep -i usb everything seemed to be ok.

After installing 'udev' (apt-get install udev), either the device /dev/sda1
or /dev/sdb1 - dpending on the usb slot - exists. Having the correct entries
in /etc/fstab, the stick becomes mounted automatically to /usb. This is due
to packet 'hotplug' which comes with 'udev'.

Hope, you have the same problem.

Tim