modules.usbmap

Hey guys,

I'm trying to debug a problem where my Kodak DX6490 camera doesn't seem to get properly recognized by my Sarge / 2.6.9 system. In the process, I ran across a promising-looking file:
   /lib/modules/2.6.9-1-686-smp/modules.usbmap

Is it the case that in order for my system to even start dealing with a USB device, then that device must have an entry in this file?

Or more generally, can anyone point me to docs on this file? Google was not my friend in this case.

Thanks,
Christian