Re: Grub menu.lst

Freddy Freeloader wrote:
I made a dual boot system out of a Win2K box I had. I installed sarge and everything worked great. I could boot to both Debian and Win2K.

I did that install with the sarge installer and the 2.4.26 kernel. I later installed the 2.6.9 kernel from source. My problem is that now I get a kernel panic message on boot saying "VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block" when trying to boot to the 2.6 kernel.

In this case I think you have to post the .config I also use the 2.6.9 kernel from source after installing the 2.4.26 kernel. I don't think it's grub...

H.

What's strange about this is that in the menu.lst file everything is exactly the same for both kernels.
.