Re: how to mount a windows 'share' under linux

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, will trillich wrote:

> we'd like to automate backups from the office windo~1 box using rsync.
> we can do it usnig samba and the ftp-like interface, but all timestamps
> are lost this way (unless there's an option we've missed).

smbmount is the command that you want.

> we googled for things like 'mount windows share under linux filesystem'
> and get .exe downloadables and tutorials on the fhs...

This search has a lot of relevant links so using rsync on Windows.  That
way you won't even have to smbmount the shares:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rsync+for+windows&btnG=Google+Search

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com