Re: Logging out the window manager

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 19:28:34 +0100, Bram Mertens <bram-mertens@linux.be> wrote:
> If I am not mistaken ~/.bash_logout is executed when you log out of a
> shell.

Technically, it is when you exit a shell that is a login shell.

> and all commands after 'exec window_manager' in ~/.xsession or
> ~/.xinitrc are run after the window manager terminates.

Not so. "exec" switches the current process to the process specified
after the exec. So anything following it will never run. You would
need to call the window manager without exec in order commands after
it to execute.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>