Re: Canon cameras shaft Linux users

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 17:20 +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

I have a Canon A40 digital camera. I've mislaid the user;s manual so I
downloaded a PDF version from Canon. This can only be read with Acrobat
6.0, which is not available for Linux. Earlier versions, and also xpdf,
show "COPY" on every page.

Thank you, Canon. I shall _not_ but another Canon camera.

Jeez, I think you're overreacting a bit.  Reader 6.0 has been out
for a while now. Is it any wonder that companies are generating PDFs for it?

I think the problem is not that Canon made a PDF for Reader 6.0, but that they added some kind of copy protection that is only supported by Reader 6.0. Which, IMO, is quite stupid since there is no need to copy protect those manuals.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven