Re: Canon cameras shaft Linux users

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 17:20 +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I have a Canon A40 digital camera. I've mislaid the user;s manual so I
> downloaded a PDF version from Canon. This can only be read with Acrobat
> 6.0, which is not available for Linux. Earlier versions, and also xpdf,
> show "COPY" on every page.
>
> Thank you, Canon. I shall _not_ but another Canon camera.

Jeez, I think you're overreacting a bit.  Reader 6.0 has been out
for a while now.  Is it any wonder that companies are generating
PDFs for it?

The people you should vent your spleen to is Adobe.  Then, send
them a nice letter asking for a Linux version of Reader 7.0.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Tatoo in haste, regret in leisure.