Re: network & laptop

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:20:41 +0100, Alberto Bert <bert@isiosf.isi.it> wrote:
> I'm running Debian testing on a laptop, and I'm always moving with my
> computer in different laboratories, with different networks.
>
> In order to manage the net configuration I'm now using quickswitch,
> which is not bad, but it's not a Debian package :-(
>
> Is there a way to have the same functionality by using a package?
> It would be nice to be able to choose the netwokr configuration
> (avalilable printers, programs to run, etc.) at boot time, also.

% apt-cache show laptop-net

This has worked well for me.  My laptop is usually docked (I retired
my desktop), and when I un-dock it the network shuts down
automatically.  Re-connect ethernet and it comes back up.

You also might want to subscribe to the debian-laptop list if you
haven't already.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh