Re: runlevel 2 vs 3 vs 5 deprecated in sarge?

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 12:55:15PM +0000, Joao Clemente wrote:
So I headed to /etc/inittab to change it to runlevel 3... but I was amazed to see that the value there was 2 !!!! So, do those standarts of 5 = multiuser + X, 3 = multiuser - X, ... stoped being used in sarge? Why?

Are you sure those runlevel values *are* standards?
IIRC Debian has never made a difference between the levels 2,3,4 and
5, only 0, 1 and 6 are defined, so it can't have stopped using them.
For Debian, it's the sysadmin's work to define his runlevel policy.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |