Re: Pam Errors

Here we go

root@winetka:~# cat /etc/pam.d/common-*
#
# /etc/pam.d/common-account - authorization settings common to all
# services
#
# This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files,
# and should contain a list of the authorization modules that define
# the central access policy for use on the system.  The default is to
# only deny service to users whose accounts are expired in /etc/shadow.
#
account required        pam_unix.so
#
# /etc/pam.d/common-auth - authentication settings common to all
# services
#
# This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files,
# and should contain a list of the authentication modules that define
# the central authentication scheme for use on the system
# (e.g., /etc/shadow, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.).  The default is to use the
# traditional Unix authentication mechanisms.
#
auth    required        pam_unix.so nullok_secure
#
# /etc/pam.d/common-password - password-related modules common to all
# services
#
# This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files,
# and should contain a list of modules that define  the services to be
#used to change user passwords.  The default is pam_unix

 # The "nullok" option allows users to change an empty password, else
 # empty passwords are treated as locked accounts.
 #
 # (Add `md5' after the module name to enable MD5 passwords)
 #
 # The "obscure" option replaces the old `OBSCURE_CHECKS_ENAB' option in
 # login.defs. Also the "min" and "max" options enforce the length of
 # the
 # new password.

  password   required   pam_unix.so nullok obscure min=4 max=8 md5

   # Alternate strength checking for password. Note that this
   # requires the libpam-cracklib package to be installed.
   # You will need to comment out the password line above and
   # uncomment the next two in order to use this.
   # (Replaces the `OBSCURE_CHECKS_ENAB', `CRACKLIB_DICTPATH')
   #
   # password required       pam_cracklib.so retry=3 minlen=6 difok=3
   # password required       pam_unix.so use_authtok nullok md5

    #
    # /etc/pam.d/common-session - session-related modules common to all
    # services
    #
    # This file is included from other service-specific PAM config
    # files,
    # and should contain a list of modules that define tasks to be
    # performed
    # at the start and end of sessions of *any* kind (both interactive
    # and
    # non-interactive).  The default is pam_unix.
    #
    session required        pam_unix.so
[...]

	root@winetka:~#

And here is pam.conf

Contains nothing

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# /etc/pam.conf
# #
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
#
# NOTE
# ----
#
# NOTE: Most program use a file under the /etc/pam.d/ directory to setup
# their
# PAM service modules. This file is used, but not recommended

 # Format:
 # serv. module     ctrl       module [path]     ...[args..]
 # #
 # name  type       flag