Re: icc C++ problems on Debian 2.4.27-1-686-smp

Aha! Debian bug 272401 (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=272401) - and it related not to said kernel but to g++-3.3) seems to be the reason I could not get icpc to work on my Debian box. My workaround (not a proper solution) is to

cd /usr/include/c++ ; ln -s 3.3 3.3.4

and then all (well all my current!) problems disappear. I also picked up that one should really, really, really be using icpc and not icc to compile C++ codes since they do operate in different ways.

I guess the lesson learned is to "always check the BTS" first!

(Of course the above will give problems if/when g++ is upgraded!)

Michael