Re: Mozilla crashed when browsering webpage containing after installing libflash-mozplugin

W. Paul Mills wrote:

Lian Liming wrote:

| I can't install libflash-mozplugin, once installed it, my mozilla crash
| when meeting flash.
| I have installed "libflash-swfplayer" but i seems not work in mozilla.
|
| I have do "aptitude update", so i think what i install should be the
| latest version.
|
| What should i do to add flash support for mozilla?
| thank you for suggestions.

Debian version just plain does not work with MANY sites, and causes crash.

http://www.macromedia.com/

WFM with Mozilla 1.8a4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8a4) Gecko/20040913 compiled from source with gtk2+xft.

If that is so why are there no bugreports for the mozilla package?
Only crash I saw reported is bug with #276558: mozilla: Reproducible crash on website http://www.forosdelweb.com/showthread.php?t=237869 and that WFM too.

So download the latest version source + compile it: takes 3 hrs on an 850MHz Athlon. Then install the plugins from wherever they are to be gotten from. Voilá.

H.