Re: This file...I cannot kill it!

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 8:17 am, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> 1. check /proc/mounts to make sure that file is not in a RO partition or
> some other weirdness.

Nope, it's /home, and it's the only file I can't touch.

> 2. lsattr it to make sure it is not an immutable file

baloo@ursine:~/.mail$ lsattr ~/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc
lsattr: Permission denied while trying to
stat /home/baloo/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc
baloo@ursine:~/.mail$ sudo -s
Password:
root@ursine:~/.mail$ lsattr ~/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc
lsattr: Permission denied while trying to
stat /home/baloo/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc

> 3. rm it as really root.

On the console...

root@ursine:/home/baloo/.mail# rm ~baloo/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc
rm: cannot lstat `/home/baloo/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc': Permission denied

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org