This file...I cannot kill it!

I got an interesting message out of cron today....

/etc/cron.daily/checksecurity:
find: /home/baloo/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc: Permission denied

...and I started thinking, "Oh, maybe if I get rid of that file, I might be
able to get arts to start working right again...."  Well, I try to rm it as a
normal user, and I get Permission denied.  Try rm that file again, and again,
I get Permission denied as root.  I can't change permissions on it, either.

root@ursine:~/.kde/share/config$ ls -l /home/baloo/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc
ls: /home/baloo/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc: Permission denied

How could this happen, and how can I fix it?

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org