monitoring cpu temperature, fan etc...

Hello,

I'm using a debian woody mixed system (have stable, testing and unstable packages
installed). My kernel version is 2.4.18-k7 (stable). The machine is an AMD Athlon
XP 2000+ with ASUS A7V8X motherboard.

First of all, I'd like to know if it is actually possible to monitor the CPU
temperature and Fan speed and voltage on my computer.

I thought about using Gkrellm with lm_sensors. However, I had some problems
installing lm_sensors and i2c. Firt, I downloaded the latest unstable lm-sensors
package, the lm-sensors-source and i2c-source packages through apt-get. Then I
tried to build lm_sensors and i2c modules using module-assistant following the
docs instructions. It all went fine, except that after running the command:

# module-assistant build lm-sensors-source

In the end of the process I've got the following message:

# Done! Run
# m-a install lm-sensors-source
# to install.

and right below:

# Done with /usr/src/lm-sensors-source-2.4.18-k7_1:2.7.0-13+2.4.18-5_i386.deb .

I've tried to run m-a install lm-sensors-source but it shows an error message
saying that the package was not built succesfully. However, the deb package that
was supposed to be created is there. So I installed the deb package with dpkg -i
without any problems.

The exact same thing happened when building i2c-source.

So I tried to run sensors-detect. It detected a few things and loaded a few
modules. I followed all the instructions given. But after rebooting, the modules
were loaded but no info came out from the sensors command except a module name
and Gkrellm didn't detect any sensor. Why is that? Did I make a mistake in some
point or lm_sensors does not support the sensors in the A7V8X motherboard?
Please help me!

Thomas Beresford