Re: User can't start firefox

Jerry Turba wrote:

I was wondering how I could stop the GUI and use the startx command.

Several methods. If you want to make this a (semi-)permanent change, just remove the login manager package you have installed.

# apt-get --purge remove xdm wdm kdm gdm

should do it.

If you want to make it a short-term change, just add "exit 0" as the first executable line to your login manager's startup script (such as "/etc/init.d/xdm" (or kdm, wdm, gdm)).

There are other methods as well, but one of these should do for you.

--
Kent