Re: Firefox, Thunderbird etc.

chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk wrote:
Sayantan Sur <sayantan.sur@gmail.com> wrote:

is the firefox (or thunderbird) package going to be in the
unstable/testing of Debian Sarge? I am on sarge (testing) and can see
only Firefox version 0.9.3

I'm also on sarge, but I use apt pinning to let me pull in particular
packages from unstable - in my case, specifically thunderbird, firefox,
and gaim.

See http://www.argon.org/~roderick/apt-pinning.html for more details. It
works for me.

Chris

Hi Chris. I hope you can provide another reference to a more complete explanation of apt-pinning, or that Sayantan has already basic knowledge of it... cause I got lost while reading the link you provided, trying to figure out where do some of the pinning values were comming from... I think somewhere in the debian manual there is an explanation for apt-pinning (wich maybe lack these examples)(...

Anyway, maybe you could provide your example? I actually would like to have firefox pinned to unstable...

Thanks
Joao Clemente