Re: eclipse install

Eduard Pauna wrote:
Did somebody succeded in running eclipse on debian?

I have eclipse-SDK-3.0.1-linux-gtk.zip running on woody with a bunch of backports. So there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I got the eclipse-platform-SDK-3.0-linux-gtk.zip package, unzip it and
when I run eclipse I obtain this error

The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion startup.jar file (in the same directory as the executable).

but startup.jar is in the same directory...

I didn't see this error. What's your environment? Debian version? JVM version?

Cheers, Dave