Re: intel compiler not finding (system) header files

(more at end)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: intel compiler not finding (system) header files
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:55:49 +0000
From: michael <linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Folks, on my Debian dual-Xeon box, I have tried to install the Intel
C/C++ compiler (ifc). I have followed Intel's instructions in "Platform
Notes: Using Intel C++ Compiler on Unsupported Operating Systems". (This
was essentially using 'alien' to convert rpm->deb, then dpkg and then
sed INSTALLDIR to the name of the actual install directory for all .sh
scripts)

However, when I try to compile code that has usual C++ headers in (eg
"#include <iostream>") it fails to find them.

I presume it's not looking in the default system libraries...

Ideas?

Thanks, Michael
(tried to search past postings but keep getting timed out when
attempting to access lists.debian.org)

NEW: note that I can compile code with such #include if I use g++ (therefore it's a prob to do with icc?)