Re: Disabling access to SSH

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:26:46 +0100, Mark Maas <mark@menem.mine.nu> wrote:

> I found a few site's about the very subject, and i'm starting to
> read about netfilter. (Iptables)
> Hard stuff, but one has got to learn what he is using right?

I found iptables confusing when I was trying to read it years ago from
a 'I only want to know how to do what I want to do' point of view. I
sat down in the last few months and read through the docs on
www.netfilter.org one by one, including the basic networking one
(doesn't hurt if you already know it all). The guides are very well
written and the 'Rusty's Really Quick Guide To Packet Filtering'
(http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//packet-filtering-HOWTO-5.html)
is an excellent set of rules to start with.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/