Re: Cannot connect to network now...

news:33sPo-2L1-15@gated-at.bofh.it...
>I think it is known as biting off more than you can chew.....

What, trying to get a video card working?  Oh boy, that's a terrific advert
for Linux isn't it.  Roll up, roll up, you too can waste two days of your
life trying to do something that takes two minutes in Windoze...and you'll
still fail because you need 15 years experience first!

>try running modconf at the command prompt and installing the needed NIC
module.

Unless I have completely misunderstood what all these commands are telling
me (which is entirely possible!), then, according to lsmod, it is loaded.
It seems to me that the problem lies not with the NIC, but with the
obtaining of a DHCP lease (see earlier post re dhclient)

Thanks.

Brian