RE: applications on gnome don't start.
- To: debian-user <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: applications on gnome don't start.
- From: Chris Lale <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:37:09 +0000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <88680C705D7E4A4B8E60E0801A7959A503B416AB@bim01.kuveytturk.local>
- References: <88680C705D7E4A4B8E60E0801A7959A503B416AB@bim01.kuveytturk.local>
On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 10:57, NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr wrote:
> > and gnome started very well. I also made a normal user account.
> > However, when I login using gdm to gnome, many applications like
> > openoffice, gnomemeeting, Desktop Background etc. and many more don't
> > run. I see in the ps list that the processes are running but they just
> don't show up.
> > And some times, the application that I ran comes up after like 10
> > minutes. Also, some times, the Application, and Action drop-down menus
> > freeze, and then again start working after like 10 minutes.
> > Does any one out there know what the problem is? Thanks for your help
Could this be faulty memory? Install the memtest86+ package (or
memtest86 in Woody). Create a memtest bootdisc and run memtest.
Chris Lale <email@example.com>