Re: Nikon Coolpix 5200

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 17:41 -0500, Clifton Sluss wrote:
> I am currently running debian sid kde 3.3.1 kernel 2.6.7-1-686-smp,
> and in the market for a digital camera, i really like the nikon
> coolpix 5200  but it is not listed in KDE's digital camera menu under
> control center.  i was wondering if anyone out there might know if the
> 5200 would work with this setup
> thanks

http://www.gphoto.org/
http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html

If the cp 5200 doesn't integrate with gphoto2, then you can probably
mount it as a USB flash drive.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If the history of the past fifty years teaches us anything, it
is that peace does not follow disarmament -- disarmament follows
peace."
Bernard M Baruch